Monday, December 2, 2013

12/2/13

    Don't worry, don't worry, I'm not proposing to anybody by this blog, must thought you might want to listen to this song while reading this blog! Well anyway,at my school there is this annual rock paper scissors tournament at my school, so of course, being the nerd I am, joined. There were two divisions, I guess, is what they're called (seems about right.) So the "cool guys" in class wanted to name the divisions west side and east side, I guess that's their version of ghetto. But they needed more to the names, so the final names were The West Side Brawlers and The East Side Sluggers. I bet you can pick which one I was put in (Hint: the one with the weird-butt name.) Yes, I am an East Side Slugger. So the whole time I was just thinking "Really? Seriously? Sluggers? Is that the best you can do?" I guess it sounds kind of tough, but when I hear the word slugger I think of a bunch old hairy Italian dudes that try to look threatening, or a frickin slug just sliming slithering around and sliming everything up. Instead of making us sound cool, it makes a sound like a ton of creepy little, well, CREEPS. Think of it like this: Someone is walking up to you to beat you up and they're just approaching you like "Oh yeah, you better be scared, the sluggers are coming to get you." How do you think you would react to that. Moving on, in class we watched the movie "Facing the Giants" I'm usually not a complainer at all, but today I was just on a rant in my head. I'm not a buzz kill in class, actually I'm the one that usually starts all the fun. I was really looking forward to the movie, then I remembered "Oh yeah, this is Mr. Schaffe*'s class." And that means the teacher will be sitting on his computer not giving a care to the rest of the world, which is usually a good thing. But its not a good thing when you have all the friends with benefits in your class. So you can't hear one word of the movie over all the make out noises. And it was a bummer because there was this guy in the movie named David, and he was ultra fine like a Sharpie, and I couldn't hear his dashing, deep, gorgeous voice (sorry for fangirling.) Well moral of the story is don't be like Kim and Kanye, think before you come up with names. Also, save all your gob smacking for backstage of the auditorium.
Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment